Tips for iOS Connectivity Issues

whity55

Re: Tips for iOS Connectivity Issues

Postby whity55 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:22 pm

whity55 wrote:I have the same issue. Factory reset, data clearing, app deletion, ... Nothing works to pair it again (after 1 week of perfect working) with my iPhone (BT continues to hop on/off). With my old Android it works though.

Clearly, a solution needs to be found. Mobvoi, please advice.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=103&start=40 - solution explained here

jschwartz

Postby jschwartz » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:09 pm

whity55 wrote:I have the same issue. Factory reset, data clearing, app deletion, ... Nothing works to pair it again (after 1 week of perfect working) with my iPhone (BT continues to hop on/off). With my old Android it works though.

Clearly, a solution needs to be found. Mobvoi, please advice.

Same issue here.. had the watch for 3 days and this happend.. have tried everything - please advise ?!..

FrodeKommode

Postby FrodeKommode » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:29 pm

Hi
I just got my watch.
I got one I feel big issue. I have iPhone 5v with latest iOS update.
I start the watch scan the QR code and after updating latest watch update 4.4.0 I see it stand Android updates. And check the info . And there it stands Android 5.1 .
At the same time I have connectivity BT lagging. and I do also have some issue with correct connection.

Anybody?
also sent e-mail to support Mobwoi

KampongBoy

Postby KampongBoy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:30 pm

It's been a while since I last had major connectivity issues with tw2 & iOS. However, after I paired a JBL bluetooth speaker with my iphone, the connection became unstable and then stopped connecting at all. In fact, I had to perform a factory reset, forget the BT connections on my iphone, close ticwear, reboot iphone, open ticwear, and pair with tw2 again. It worked for a while. But now, it keeps disconnecting and then re-connecting without any reason. This keeps going on for the whole day and it's becoming irritating.

iphone 6s iOS 10.2.1
ticwear on phone: 2.1.1 (1040)
ticwear on watch: tic_4.5.1_intl

rrester

Postby rrester » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Hello,

I am thinking of getting a TicWatch 2. After updating to the lastest Ticwatch firmware, 4.6.0_intl, are you all still experiencing connectivity issues with iOS 10.2.1?

Thanks,
Reuben

rrester

Postby rrester » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Hello,

This might be a duplicate post but, I am thinking about getting a TicWatch 2. I have an iPhone 6s with iOS 10.2.1. My question is, after updating the TicWatch 2 to the latest firmware, 4.6.0_intl, are you all still experiencing connectivity issues with the watch and iPhone?

Thanks,
Reuben

JimStilwell

Postby JimStilwell » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Greetings Ruben,

It was a duplicate post, however the first bit batch of posts made get approved, We do this to deal with the spammers to make it on the forums. All others make it on. Most of the connectivity issues were solved for iOS with people updating to iOS 10.2 and updating the software on the watch. However some still have problems. If someone orders a watch it will need to be updated when they get it. If you have more questions please let us know.

vilmantas

Postby vilmantas » Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:48 am

After updating Ticwatch, my iPhone SE (10.2.1) Ticwear app from getting things do not connect ... Totally damaged, how to restore?

Gaby

Postby Gaby » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:45 am

vilmantas wrote:After updating Ticwatch, my iPhone SE (10.2.1) Ticwear app from getting things do not connect ... Totally damaged, how to restore?

hi, What is your ticwatch OS version and your ticwear app version?Could you give more details about your issue?

Eric-Ticwatch

Postby Eric-Ticwatch » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:12 am

jerryeight wrote:We are aware that some iOS 8.0 and above users are encountering connectivity issues after pairing. Here are some helpful tips to resolve them (Please note that iPhone7 connectivity issues will be updated soon):

1. After successfully pairing Ticwatch with Ticwear app, please check Ticwear app’s home page for BT connectivity status. Keep in mind that you should not use iOS Bluetooth setting for connectivity issue anymore once phone and watch are paired. Only use Ticwear app to pair/connect/disconnect with Ticwatch.

2. To maintain BT connectivity, you need to allow Ticwear app to run in system background, otherwise connection will be lost. If Ticwear app is running in background, BT will reconnect automatically within seconds (up to two minutes in special cases).

3. When BT disconnects (e.g. restart phone, exit ticwear from backend or out of distance) for a longer period, iOS system will kill Ticwear app, thus the watch won’t reconnect automatically. This is a restriction in iOS (even more stringent in iOS10), and currently there is no better way to resolve it.

4. If the connection is lost due to third (3) reasons, please open companion app and turn iPhone’s BT off and back on. Check whether there is a prompt to “Re-pair” notification on the watch and click it if it shows up (no action required if it doesn’t show up). Ticwatch will connect automatically with the phone.

5. Please update to iOS version 10.2 or later on the phone. This fixes many Bluetooth connectivity problems within iOS. You can do this by going to Settings -> General -> Software Update.

6. Please update the watch to the latest version. You can do this by connecting the watch to WiFi and then on the watch go to settings ->update->Version update.

If you have trouble with any of the above please feel free to contact us by chat or by e-mail at support@mobvoi.com.

Very useful suggestions!

Return to “Stable Version”