Tips for iOS Connectivity Issues

jerryeight

Tips for iOS Connectivity Issues

Postby jerryeight » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:28 am

We are aware that some iOS 8.0 and above users are encountering connectivity issues after pairing. Here are some helpful tips to resolve them (Please note that iPhone7 connectivity issues will be updated soon):

1. After successfully pairing Ticwatch with Ticwear app, please check Ticwear app’s home page for BT connectivity status. Keep in mind that you should not use iOS Bluetooth setting for connectivity issue anymore once phone and watch are paired. Only use Ticwear app to pair/connect/disconnect with Ticwatch.

2. To maintain BT connectivity, you need to allow Ticwear app to run in system background, otherwise connection will be lost. If Ticwear app is running in background, BT will reconnect automatically within seconds (up to two minutes in special cases).

3. When BT disconnects (e.g. restart phone, exit ticwear from backend or out of distance) for a longer period, iOS system will kill Ticwear app, thus the watch won’t reconnect automatically. This is a restriction in iOS (even more stringent in iOS10), and currently there is no better way to resolve it.

4. If the connection is lost due to third (3) reasons, please open companion app and turn iPhone’s BT off and back on. Check whether there is a prompt to “Re-pair” notification on the watch and click it if it shows up (no action required if it doesn’t show up). Ticwatch will connect automatically with the phone.

5. Please update to iOS version 10.2 or later on the phone. This fixes many Bluetooth connectivity problems within iOS. You can do this by going to Settings -> General -> Software Update.

6. Please update the watch to the latest version. You can do this by connecting the watch to WiFi and then on the watch go to settings ->update->Version update.

If you have trouble with any of the above please feel free to contact us by chat or by e-mail at support@mobvoi.com.

somerset

Re: Tips for iOS Connectivity Issues

Postby somerset » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:09 am

Very useful tips!

Peter_Bohus

Postby Peter_Bohus » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:19 pm

I can't even connect the Onyx watch with the app.. on my iPhone 5s I get paired on the watch but after that it doesn't work.. After the paired it is meant to download the data but it doesn't move (watch face)... please help.

tbw

Postby tbw » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:52 am

Hi Mobvoi Support/Admin,

Am having the connectivity issue now after pairing. Following the instruction as in post #1 unable to solve the problem.

What I did is factory reset the Ticwatch 2 and repair it with my iPhone 7 on iOS 10.0.1 (14A403). After that it works like a champ.

But, if long period did not connect to my iPhone 7, when trying to re-connect it failed, try the BT off/on method, still won't work. But factory reset the Ticwatch 2 and repair will works.

So far, I already factory reset + repair 3 times. Don't think this is a good solution.

Appreciate your assistant in resolving the issue.

Thank you

plaberge

Postby plaberge » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:02 am

Hi there,

I've had my Oak for a couple of days, and it was working fine paired with my iPhone 6 running iOS 10.01. This afternoon it disconnected, and it would not reconnect. I finally did a factory reset on the watch including clearing all the data, and restarted my phone and was finally able to connect as a new watch using the Ticwear app. Unfortunately, the watch no longer gets past the synching phase (big green arrow on the watch). I've tried multiple times. I even left it for an hour but nothing.

What next?

Paulin.

aidenaiden

Postby aidenaiden » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:40 pm

tbw wrote:Hi Mobvoi Support/Admin,

Am having the connectivity issue now after pairing. Following the instruction as in post #1 unable to solve the problem.

What I did is factory reset the Ticwatch 2 and repair it with my iPhone 7 on iOS 10.0.1 (14A403). After that it works like a champ.

But, if long period did not connect to my iPhone 7, when trying to re-connect it failed, try the BT off/on method, still won't work. But factory reset the Ticwatch 2 and repair will works.

So far, I already factory reset + repair 3 times. Don't think this is a good solution.

Appreciate your assistant in resolving the issue.

Thank you

Same problem here, any better solutions?

rrgripp

Postby rrgripp » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:07 am

Same here. Only had the watch for 1 day, started working well but suddenly lost connection and wouldn't pair anymore. Did the factory reset tons of times and still isn't working. Very disappointed.

Criss

Postby Criss » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:05 am

Hi Jerry.
The issue is that once the ticwatch originally paired started to hop on and off the BT connection with iPhone, if you perform the factory reset an re-pair, you will remain stuck on the screen "paired, system loadin" on watch and on "syncing data on the ticwear app.
So it will not even allow to verify connection throug ticwear app...
Sigh!

Neanderthal

Postby Neanderthal » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:12 pm

Peter_Bohus wrote:I can't even connect the Onyx watch with the app.. on my iPhone 5s I get paired on the watch but after that it doesn't work.. After the paired it is meant to download the data but it doesn't move (watch face)... please help.

This is exactly what happened to me (iphone 5s iOS 10-latest).

The only way I've got it to go through the Pairing screen is to pair it with my old android phone.

whity55

Postby whity55 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:08 pm

I have the same issue. Factory reset, data clearing, app deletion, ... Nothing works to pair it again (after 1 week of perfect working) with my iPhone (BT continues to hop on/off). With my old Android it works though.

Clearly, a solution needs to be found. Mobvoi, please advice.

Return to “Stable Version”