Ticwatch 2 FAQ

Gaby

Ticwatch 2 FAQ

Postby Gaby » Fri May 12, 2017 10:37 am

Last update:6/12/2017
ticwatch2.jpg
ticwatch2.jpg (72.46 KiB) Viewed 2841 times

How to Pair with Android
1. Download the Ticwear Global app from the Google Play Store on your phone.
2. Turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
3. Launch the companion app and create or login your account using your email, Facebook, or Gmail.
4. Scan the QR code on the watch as instructed. If your phone couldn’t scan the QR code, long press the QR on the watch, then click”Manual Pairing” on Ticwear Global to pair.
5. Then there will be a reminder for pairing on the watch. If you are a new user, set it as a new watch,then please choose language, location, and other aspects.If not, you can choose”restore from backup” to set up your watch.
6.Please note that : DO NOT connect or disconnect your Ticwatch 2 from the BT list on your phone. If needed, please open Ticwear Global to manage the connection.
7. Enjoy your Ticwatch!

How to Pair with iOS
1. Download the Ticwear Global app from the App Store on your phone.
2. Turn on Bluetooth on your phone.
3. Launch the companion app and create or login your account using your email, Facebook, or Gmail.
4. Scan the QR code on the watch as instructed. If your phone couldn’t scan the QR code, long press the QR on the watch, then click”Manual Pairing” on Ticwear Global to pair.
5. Then there will pop up a pairing request on the phone screen,please press “Pair” button to pair with your Ticwatch 2 . If you are a new user, set it as a new watch,then please choose language, location, and other aspects.If not, you can choose”restore from backup” to set up your watch.
*If the your watch is stuck at ”Now Loading the system”, turn to “how to solve now loading system issue” .
6.Please note that : DO NOT connect or disconnect your Ticwatch 2 from the BT list on your phone. If needed, please open Ticwear Global to manage the connection.
7. Enjoy your Ticwatch!

How to solve “Now Loading System” Issue(iOS)
This issue has been fixed in the OTA(4.4.0). Update to the latest version. If iOS users have difficulties to update, please pair with an Android device then update to the latest version. If users do not have an Android device, please reset your watch and quick swipe the watch screen 10 times before pairing page. Then, connect to a pass-free wifi and update watch to the latest version.
* If it doesn’t work, please contact us at support@mobvoi.com.

How do I update the watch?
Updating the watch brings new features and software patches to keep everything working smoothly.For both iOS and Android:
Connect wifi on your watch.
1.From the Apps list,tap Settings > Network > Wi-Fi > tap Wi-Fi settings .
Put in your password on your watch( for firmware version 4.5.0 and above) or your phone(for firmware version below 4.5.0).
2.Back to the Settings app,tap Settings >update>tap version update, it will download upgrade package if there is a new version available, and
remind you whether install it or not after finishing downloading.
Please note good network is necessary.

How to clear the Bluetooth list?(iOS)
a. Open the BT list on your iPhone
b. Forget all devices names
Apply for issue related to: connection timeout(unsuccessful)

How to enter/exit power save mode?(Both)
Long press the crown for 2 seconds to enable/disable Power Reserve option

How to check your connection status? Wifi, phone, GPS (Both)
Swipe down to quickcard
Check your status on the top section
Attention: the icon status page does not reflect your current status(clicking the top section). It is for tutorial only.
How does step counter work? (Both)
As the standard of step counter, your steps can be measured because your body swings and arm moves. The number may vary if there are body or arm movements involved.

How to add apps to block list?
iOS: You can only add apps to the block list after receiving the notification from that app.
Android: You can add apps(except some system suite) to the block list

How to sync fitness data to Google fit,Runkeeper, Strava? (Android only)
a) Pair ticwatch to your device
b) Ticwear App->Fitness->Authorize Google fit,Runkeeper, Strava
c) Start a exercise which will be synced automatically to your authorized apps.
It will take a while for Ticwatch to sync data to Google fit,Runkeeper and Strava after your exercises. You'd better wait a few minutes before checking sync data.

How to check your GPS status ?(for weather and location)
b) Swipe right/”Okay Tico” to activate your voice assistant
c) Ask “ How it is the weather today?” “Where am I”
d) If there is result returned, it means your gps is enabled.

How to check your GPS is locked without pairing with your phone? (for fitness)
a) Open fitness app on your watch
b) Go to outdoor and start a outdoor run/walk
c) You will see a location icon on the top left section. If the icon is flashing, it means the GPS is locating. If it is always on, it means the GPS is locked and you are good to go.

Why it take such a long time to get GPS locked?
For first time, it may take a little long time to lock the GPS as it needs to search location data.It will be helpful if you are in an open area, such as playground and parks. Do not start a run until it is locked.If the icon is still blinking after 5 minutes, reboot your watch to try again.
Meanwhile,we have noticed the GPS lock issue and a GPS prefix will be implemented in our later version.

How to set up Bluetooth call?(iOS)
b) Open ticwear app->click bluetooth call bar right below the top status section
c) Meanwhile, open BT list on your phone and pair bluetooth call
d) Click pair on both your phone and your watch to enable Bluetooth call
e) Tutorial Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B54nqo ... sp=sharing

How to take screenshots of your watch screen? (Both)
a) Connect to your phone via BT
b) Double-click the crown to take a screenshot
c) The screenshot will be synced and saved in your phone

How to sync events to your watch? (Both)
b) Check your calendars
c) Ticwatch can sync 5 day schedule, events only.

How to control music via your watch?(Both)
b) Open a music app on your phone
c) Swipe down to quick card
d) Swipe left to music control page
e) Controls including play, pause, next, last, volume
f) Knock the watch case twice to play next song

How to sync recordings to your phone(Android only)
b) Open recording app on your watch
c) Start/save a recording
d) Swipe left twice to the sync page
e) Click to sync saved recordings to your phone
f) Open ticwear app on your phone
g) Click recording button in the ticwear homepage

How to find your phone via your watch?(Both)
b) Swipe down to quickcard
c) Swipe to the second page of quickcard
d) Click the "vibration" button at the bottom

How to find your watch via your phone?(Both)
a) Pair Ticwatch to your device
b) Open Ticwear global on your phone
c) Click the three dots upper-right the interface
d) Click find your watch

How to apply screen timeout settings on my watch?
b) Setup timeout settings
c) Perform gestures on your screen. Otherwise, the screen will enter ambient mode or light off in 5 seconds no matter how you set your timeout.

Why do my screen timeout settings not apply in the ambient mode?
The screen will dime in 5 seconds and timeout settings will not apply if you do not perform gestures on the screen. Please swipe or touch your screen to activate your timeout settings.

How to find watch battery graph?
If you are Android users, go to companion->click top left menu->click ticwear icon at the bottom of the page couple times then advanced setting is enabled->click watch battery.

What should I do if my touch screen is malfunctional and I can only see the time by pressing crown?
a) It is possible that your watch is in the power save mode so the touch screen is not working. Please try to long-press the crown for 2-3 seconds and turn-off the Power Reserve mode. Your watch should back to work in this case.
b) If your watch is not in power save mode and performing instructions in solution 1 does not help, please long-press crown for 10 seconds to reboot your watch

iOS user can not get email notification from default mail app?
Since default iOS email app does not pop up notification when new email comes in, it will update on the right corner of the app instead of notification. Users can open the email app and refresh to receive new email notification. If there are some new emails , both watch and phone will receive notifications.

Open Ticwear on phone and click re-pair
When you see this notification, please open the ticwear application on your phone, then click this notification (on your watch). a repair page should be displayed both on your phone and your watch. you can click both to pair successfully.

How to trust Ticwear app on iphone?
Go to settings on your phone,then click General-Device Management-Shanghai Yushanzhi Information Technology Company Limited-Choose to trust.
how to trust.png
how to trust.png (100.28 KiB) Viewed 3060 times

Is there any compatible charging dock for Ticwatch?
No. From a battery protection perspective, we recommend to use our official charging pad.

Why are log files generated on my phone?
a) Log files will be created on your phone in some circumstances:
b) If you are using stable version, no log files will be generated on your phone.
c) If you open the advanced options on Ticwear app, log files will be created on your phone
d) If you are using beta version, log files will be generated on your phone.
e) You can delete these log files either on a regular basis or after switching back to stable version.

How do Ticwear HR-enabled watchfaces detect heart rate? (i.e. Sport heartbeat, Keensport)
When users wear the watch on wrist and tilt arms to light up the screen, HR monitor will start to check the heart rate. If the last HR update time is 10 mins ago or more, the watch will detect and update with a new heart rate; if the last HR update time is within 10 mins, the watch will not detect and update.
a) HR monitor will detect and update the heart rate every time when users click the HR icon on the watchface.
b) HR monitor will not detect and update the heart rate if users take off the watch or the watch screen is dimmed.
c) It may take a while to sync the heart rate detection data to Heart Rate App.

Why “Ok Tico” couldn’t awake the voice assistant ?
Hot word is disabled in default. You need to enable this feature by settings-preference-hotword firstly

Why notification couldn’t pop up on the watch?
If you could receive notifications on your watch, you can view them by swiping up the notification bar, but they just don't pop up, then your watch is in privacy mode. Turn to settings-preference- private, disable this feature.
How does one free up space on the watch SD card?
If you are on stable version, the best way for more space is to delete unnecessary apps/music/watchfaces.
If you are on beta version, delete logs by settings-developer info-delete log.
(how to get developer mode:settings-about-Ticwear version, click the version number for several times)

Why I could not receive notifications?
a) Disable private by settings-preference on the watch;
b) Disable1024 mode by advanced settings on companion;
c) Enable notification on companion;
d) Disable DND by settings-preference on the watch;
e) Whether the watch is charging? If so, then there will no notifications except calls.
f) Open notifications on the companion, choose notification access, disable all apps, then only enable Ticwear global.
g) If you still couldn't receive notifications after the above, then restart your phone.
If all the above doesn’t work, pls PM our engineer ZhangQiang for further analysis case by case.

Whatsapp notification issue(Multiple messages issue(can only see the last message)
We have noticed this issue for both WhatsApp and other few messaging apps. Based on our research and understanding of their configurations for 3rd party OS platform, the space for improvement is very limited. However, we have discussed internally and decided to develop a new notification app, which can provide a better experience for messaging. Currently, this project is in our development pipeline and we will keep you guys posted on any progress.

Contacts Sync Error, maybe permission is not allowed ( for Huawei )
It is caused by Huawei phones’ bug. When you stay at contacts interface on your phone, other apps will have no rights to access contacts, therefore your watch give you the reminder. As it is the phone’s issue, there is nothing we can do on our end.

Samsung couldn’t reply to text msgs (such as S6,android 5.1)
Restart your phone, open notifications on companion, turn to notification access, disable all apps, then enable ticwear global again. When you receive a text message next time, you will be able to reply to it.

Bought ticwatch 2 from china but its not registering on the the ticwatch global app.
Since global version runs separately with a different feature and update plan, the ticwatch global app is not compatible with Ticwatch2 China version.

How the fitness integration between ticwear companion and runkeeper works?
We have received several reports regarding Runkeeper data sync and here is what we collected so far. Runkeeper no longer supports new developers to plug into their app and people start to report more sync errors after the recent change by Runkeeper. It is highly possible that the sync issue is caused by their recent data sync policy change. We have contacted Runkeeper for this issue and unfortunately no response at this point.

Why sometimes the watch show”you have received a message” not full message?
To better understand your case, could you please provide more details?What kind of notifications you receive? Text? Video or picture? When the watch shows you"you have received a message", what shows on your phone? same as the watch or full message? In general, it will show content for text notification, won't show content of video and picture notification as they couldnt be read on the watch.

iOS Beta Companion download address
https://fir.im/93r7

How does one free up space on the watch SD card?
If you are on stable version, the best way for more space is to delete unnecessary apps/music/watchfaces.
If you are on beta version, delete logs by settings-developer info-delete log.
(how to get developer mode:settings-about-Ticwear version, click the version number for several times)

How does”cloud sync”? (For Android)
Cloud sync allows the phone and the watch to keep connected via internet when Bluetooth is disconnected so that your watch can still receive messages and calls.So if the cloud sync is enabled, please be aware that the phone will continue pushing notifications to the watch and some cellular data may be consumed if your phone is not connected with Wifi.
Bluetooth will be used first once its connection restores.

Is there a way to pair to a new phone without having to factory reset? I don't want to lose any of my data.
The only way to pair to a new phone is to factory reset the watch. Then how to transfer your fitness data to your new phone?
If the account you use to login Ticwear global on your old phone is an email address , then use it to login the Ticwear global on your new phone.
During pair process, the companion will give you a reminder "pair a new watch or restore from backup", choose"restore from backup", fitness data can be kept after pairing. Otherwise,data will be lost.

Whether the fitness feature calculate my daily steps?
Currently, it does calculate your steps when you use fitness, however steps won't show on the fitness records interface((except under outdoor walk situation)),but show on the steps interface of health app.

Why can't I sync songs I have paid for,it says those songs are copyrighted and cannot be synced?
The purpose of the musicsync function is to sync the transferable music files to your watch.Yes, since the DRM in place(redistribution restricted), we are not able to obtain the transferable file and sync externally. you can transfer the music files from your local resources. Hope it helps!
Last edited by Gaby on Mon May 22, 2017 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

zephyr35

Re: Ticwatch 2 FAQ

Postby zephyr35 » Thu May 18, 2017 5:46 pm

Hi,

I like your new FAQ page but I noticed an issue with the instructions for:
c) Swipe left to the second card
d) Click the button at the bottom

When you b) Swipe down to quickcard then c) Swipe left to the second card, what that second card is seems to depend on whether you have used a quickcard previously.

For example, I used the Music quickcard this morning so when I b) Swipe down to quickcard the Music quickcard is displayed. But if I used the Weather quickcard that is the one that appears after b) Swipe down to quickcard.

So it is unclear what quickcard you are referring to by: c) Swipe left to the second card. Can you provide a little more detail about which quickcard you refer to for the quickcard where we are to d) Click the button at the bottom?

Thanks,
Ken

Gaby

Re: Ticwatch 2 FAQ

Postby Gaby » Mon May 22, 2017 11:43 am

zephyr35 wrote:Hi,

I like your new FAQ page but I noticed an issue with the instructions for:
c) Swipe left to the second card
d) Click the button at the bottom

When you b) Swipe down to quickcard then c) Swipe left to the second card, what that second card is seems to depend on whether you have used a quickcard previously.

For example, I used the Music quickcard this morning so when I b) Swipe down to quickcard the Music quickcard is displayed. But if I used the Weather quickcard that is the one that appears after b) Swipe down to quickcard.

So it is unclear what quickcard you are referring to by: c) Swipe left to the second card. Can you provide a little more detail about which quickcard you refer to for the quickcard where we are to d) Click the button at the bottom?

Thanks,
Ken

Hi Ken,
Thanks for your suggestion! It is really helpful both for us and other Ticwatch users!!
We appreciate your support on Ticwatch. Should you have any other thoughts and advice, feel free to contact us, you can send emails directly to me at qhkong@mobvoi.com.
Thank you!

Return to “Stable Version”