First Weekend with Ticwatch 2

allen

First Weekend with Ticwatch 2

Postby allen » Mon May 08, 2017 1:30 am

After years happy with my Pebble, the watch burned out and I decided to try something else. I got my TicWatch 2 on Friday and have now had a couple days experience with it. I'm trying to decide if I keep it, or just go back and buy another Pebble.

My experience, so far, is generally that I like the watch, but am not sure I $200 like it when I could get a new Pebble 2 for less than half the price, giving me week long battery life and water proof. Battery and water resistance are the hardest things for me to get used to with TicWatch. And being able to see the screen outdoors. While the Pebble may lose some functionality at the end of the year, it'd be a much cheaper temporary watch to get me by. And I'm afraid that that's what the TicWatch is right now -- just a stop gap. A watch to use until a really good one comes out.

The TicWatch looks great, and is nice and light. I went for an hour run with it and while the GPS was accurate and the HR recording great, it killed the battery. So if this can't be used as a serious running watch, I don't know that the HRM is really a value. When I saved the run, it sent two completely different runs to Strava and Runkeeper. Same distance, but different duration and different start/stop times. Very strange.

I really want to love this watch -- talk me into it. Why choose TicWatch over Android Wear and its app ecosystem?

Return to “Stable Version”