Step count issue update

Gaby

Step count issue update

Postby Gaby » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:17 am

Hi all,

Since 4.8.0 version release, we have noticed the step miscalculation and many users helped us identify the root cause. We really appreciate the support and would like to share some updates regarding this issue.
An unexpected glitch has been identified in the sensor hub(a microcontroller that oversees all the sensors and their performance), which caused the out of sync problem and step miscalculation issue. This error was triggered occasionally(unexpected situations) in the previous versions but exacerbated in 4.8.0 version. We sincerely apologize for any frustrations caused by this problem and will take actions to solve this issue.

Currently, a new pedometer algorithm, which we have developed last year, is in the testing phase. The new algorithm has great improvements in terms of noise reduction and step count accuracy. It works properly even when the glitch in the firmware occurs. Based on our testing results, it outperforms other devices we use as benchmarks including Mi-band and Apple watch.

A new patch with this step algorithm will be released soon for final testing(in beta) and we will keep you posted on any updates. Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding and support. Thank you!

Best,
Mobvoi Team

erpenstine

Re: Step count issue update

Postby erpenstine » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:24 am

Performed at test between Gear S3 Frontier on the one arm and Tickwatch 2 on the other arm at 12am once the step counters had reset to zero on both watches, 2 hours later S3 Frontier was on 587 steps and Ticwatch 2 was on 1547 steps.

Alesemme

Postby Alesemme » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:50 am

I am having the same issue, besides I can't find a way to disable the pedometer since i don't care about it (version 4.8.0)

Gaby

Postby Gaby » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:04 am

thanks for your feedback, we've noticed this issue and our team is working on that. Once there is any progress, we'll let you know.

Gaby

Postby Gaby » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:10 am

Alesemme wrote:I am having the same issue, besides I can't find a way to disable the pedometer since i don't care about it (version 4.8.0)

hi, you can open health app on the watch, swipe left to the last interface, find pedometer, disable it.

candell

Postby candell » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:21 pm

Do you have an update on this, the step count issue was noticed 2 months ago.

JimStilwell

Postby JimStilwell » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:43 pm

Greetings Candell!
There is a Beta for version 4.1.0 that will be going live shortly. There are many adjustments in this versions including some tweaks for the step count sensors.

ritkjor

Postby ritkjor » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:33 pm

Hey Jim!
I read on another forum you posted in April that we cannot currently version switch to beta, is that correct? I got the watch last week and the step count is just so off, I would really like to join the beta and see the improvements.
Thanks!

ritkjor

Postby ritkjor » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:35 pm

Hey Jim!
I read on another forum you posted in April that we cannot currently version switch to beta, is that correct? I got the watch last week and the step count is just so off, I would really like to join the beta and see the improvements.
Thanks!

JimStilwell

Postby JimStilwell » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:26 pm

Hey,
That would be correct. However the Beta is starting to be sent out. Very slowly for control reasons. We will enable the ability for people to switch to the beta more once a bit more testing is done with the few with the people that have it. We do not want to send it out and cause issues with watches. Please be patient for a bit longer.

Return to “Stable Version”