Step count issue update

bobpendleton

Re: Step count issue update

Postby bobpendleton » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:28 pm

Any update on this? How can I install the BETA version that claims to have a fix? I can't believe how long it's taking to get this fixed!

Gaby

Postby Gaby » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:40 am

The latest beta version has been released. If you are on stable version, you can switch to beta version firstly by settings>update>version switch, then update to the latest one.

Darkedge

Postby Darkedge » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 am

I noticed about 2 versions back the step count went from being massively oven to very much under. not even detecting 10% of walking around inside.
The last update to 4.10.1_intl_a1has improved this but it's still 10-15% less than a misfit ray or my phone. Is there more tweaks to come? I thought it was much more accurate before.

Gaby

Postby Gaby » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:56 am

Darkedge wrote:I noticed about 2 versions back the step count went from being massively oven to very much under. not even detecting 10% of walking around inside.
The last update to 4.10.1_intl_a1has improved this but it's still 10-15% less than a misfit ray or my phone. Is there more tweaks to come? I thought it was much more accurate before.

How many steps on your watch and your phone separately? Which fitness did you use on your phone? Could you please provide some data screenshots both of the watch and the app on your phone? Thanks!

kunalj

Postby kunalj » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:10 pm

I feel the issue still persists, I just now bought the watch and got it delivered today in India, I have updated to latest version available but step count got stuck at 10...

Gaby

Postby Gaby » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:05 am

kunalj wrote:I feel the issue still persists, I just now bought the watch and got it delivered today in India, I have updated to latest version available but step count got stuck at 10...

Can you please provide the information of watch firmware version, Ticwear Global version, phone model and OS version? Which fitness style do you use, normal daily working or outdoor walk? Is it possible for you to provide the screenshots?

Ncode

Postby Ncode » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:21 am

Current stable version is still 4.8 and this still an issue. Today my ticwatch 2 counted 22000 steps, which I am sure is at least double if not more than the actual count. I can understand some inaccuracies but this is pretty bad. It has been 6 months since the original post here, are there any updates? Do I need to switch to beta?

Return to “Stable Version”