What are Duty Fees?

jerryeight

What are Duty Fees?

Postby jerryeight » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi Everyone,

We aware of that there are community members that would like explanations about the Customs fees associated with the delivery of their Ticwatch 2.

Please do not post your Tracking Number, Email, Personal Addresses, or any other personal information here on the public page.

I have listed the top questions we have received and their answers below.

- How much do I need to pay for import duty/VAT fee? What value did you put on?

As the import duty varies from country to country, you can use below website to calculate your import duty.
https://www.dutycalculator.com/

We put $140 as the value of each watch. Due to this large quantity of watches, we are not able to mark individually according to your pledge otherwise we would have problem when we meet the customs.

- How much do I need to pay for brokerage fee/handling fee?

We checked with our logistic partner DHL China, the answer is how local DHL handles international package also varies. We hope backers who received the package can share your experience with the community. As far as we know, you can do self clearance to avoid the handling fee.

- How can I do self clearance to avoid brokerage fee/handling fee?
Thanks to Jason Behm on Facebook, below is the self clearance page of DHL.

http://international.dhl.ca/en/contact_ ... duals.html
If they require any document, please email support@mobvoi.com, our members will be happy to help.

If you have any additional questions, please below and we will do our best to answer them!

TheAustrianPro

What are Custom Fees?

Postby TheAustrianPro » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:53 pm

I just wanted to point out that the link posted in "How can I do self clearance to avoid brokerage fee/handling fee? " does only apply to Canadian Backers. The form is not useful for backers outside of Canada. In some countries (e.g. Austria) DHL does not give you the option to do self clearance.

trunker

Re: What are Duty Fees?

Postby trunker » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:42 pm

TheAustrianPro wrote:I just wanted to point out that the link posted in "How can I do self clearance to avoid brokerage fee/handling fee? " does only apply to Canadian Backers. The form is not useful for backers outside of Canada. In some countries (e.g. Austria) DHL does not give you the option to do self clearance.

good spot, this option is not available in the UK

dhl UK have charged me £32 ($42) on the $99 early bird charcoal after $20 shipping

all in this cost me $161 :oops:

quite an expensive watch in real money terms

emmet

Re: What are Duty Fees?

Postby emmet » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:44 am

In Spain the duty was just the VAT (Sales Tax) @ 21% + a small 0.80 euros import tax.

For my Onyx, this came to 35.21 euros (or ~$38.00), which is more-or-les what I was expecting.

The shocking thing was that DHL charged a whopping 41.66 euro (~$47.00) handling charge. I was expecting something like $10 which is what I've experienced before.

Basically DHL are scalping the end customer since they know that most people won't reject the delivery. DHL should be ashamed of themselves.

Return to “Stable Version”