Solutions for Android phone pairing issues

Achaiah

Re: Solutions for phone pairing issues

Postby Achaiah » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:58 pm

Another frustrated user here. My watch did connect to iPhone 7 but the connection is intermittent at best. It drops at random intervals and behaves strangely. I get notifications pushed to the watch when the Tic app says it is not connected but I cannot use voice features or anything Bluetooth related from the watch.

You also cannot set watch faces from the app or the watch will go into the infinite reconnection mode that cannot be cured by a restart. Only a complete factory reset helps bring the watch back to life.

Please take a look at and fix this product. I signed up for it because I really like the design and UI but it's just not usable on iOS at the moment. That is very disappointing.

somerset

Postby somerset » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:56 pm

iPhone7 just came out and that's after the watch factory ROM was made, so that's why there might be issues. It should be fixed soon. But meanwhile, can you try another user's solution?

1 . First you need to connect a android phone or iPhone6 .
2 . And connect to Wifi go to the settings .
3 . Update the watch to 4.2.5 version and do a factory reset.
4 . Connect to you iPhone7 !

virtualEconnected

Re: Can not connect with your phone?

Postby virtualEconnected » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:17 am

harls wrote:
virtualEconnected wrote:also somewhat frustrated. im using an android but after installing the app from google play the watch told me to update it & i downloaded something from google drive but the "install" button was dead which required me to research reasons why & proposed solutions wich had me enable less secure apps in addition to apps from unknown sources (unhappy about making my phone/data more vulnerable just to get a watch from a company that already put one out to work :cry:) but then That told me to download a "companion app" but the provided link was dead using both the play store & chrome :?

now finally found this suggestion but yet again the stinking install button isnt active?! seriously, why cant you just update the dang google play app vs having us downloading all sorts of things from Other places & making our phones less secure? :? & what the heck am i supposed to do now?

one reason felt comfortable backing this was because of the company's previous success creating a smartwatch but i honestly find this level of complication disconcerting & worry about future interaction/support...

You did realise you chose to be an early adopter of a brand new device, right? You are naive in the extreme if you think that a new product will come without bugs and issues. I suggest in future you wait until a technology has settled down a bit before you buy it, as you don't seem like the type of person that is suited to enjoying cutting edge products and the issues that come with them.

"bugs & issues" are one thing, but as Numerous comments here, on kickstarter & elsewhere show im not the only one who found it disconcerting to be advised to comprimise the security of my phone & install something from a random google drive account :|

your patronizing "suggestion" isnt helpful & this isnt my first rodeo ~ as i said, one reason i felt comfortable backing tic watch 2 is because it was by a company that already had experience under its belt (& while i appreciate the economical smart watch, it doesnt strike me as a "cutting edge product" esp as it doent even offer some of the more advanced features their 1st watch did

fwiw to anyone actually reading these comments for tips/etc vs ego trips ~ i did finally get it to work :) followed the steps sent out via email & while the "install" link was still dead at first, worked after i restarted my phone 2 times! best of luck to everyone having problems & thanks to the creators as well as community members who actually offer help ;)

Achaiah

Postby Achaiah » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:57 pm

somerset wrote:iPhone7 just came out and that's after the watch factory ROM was made, so that's why there might be issues. It should be fixed soon. But meanwhile, can you try another user's solution?

1 . First you need to connect a android phone or iPhone6 .
2 . And connect to Wifi go to the settings .
3 . Update the watch to 4.2.5 version and do a factory reset.
4 . Connect to you iPhone7 !

My watch version is 4.2.5_intl and there is no other update for it. The issues are still there.

mdeshaies

Postby mdeshaies » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:24 pm

Caseylr wrote:Ticwatch team, shipping your product on time doesn't mean anything if the product doesn't work. I'm experiencing the same issues as everyone else on this thread. Hopefully, you get this sorted out with a viable solution, that doesn't include downloading an APK and flashing the device. And you really need to provide a solution for people with iPhones. This is a horrible way to introduce a new product to a new region. You've basically killed any chance of selling this device and making a profit in North America with such a profoundly awful product.

Completely agree. This is a bad product and while I expected some iOS delays / hiccups Mobvoi still masked their products utter lack of use with iPhones and their response has been amateur at best. Pebble is still the gold standard.

Zeppie

Re: Solutions for Android phone pairing issues

Postby Zeppie » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:51 pm

jerryeight wrote:[size=150]Hi Everyone,

If you can not connect to your Ticwatch 2 with your phone please follow the steps below..

This doesn't work for my Oak 4.2.5._intl Still stuck at *Paired loading system* screen. It is very frustrating.
Oneplus one, Android 6.0.1 oficial Cyanogen 13.1.2
Android tablet 4.4
Update: It works, sorry for my slowness. It just needed a few more taps on the phone app.
Thank you Mobvoi for such a great product!
Last edited by Zeppie on Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OaT1954

Postby OaT1954 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:38 am

This is absolutely ridiculous. Just received my Oak today and have spent the better part of the day trying to get it paired/connected. I have tried both the global app on the play store and the companion app linked in another post on two different phones (OnePlus One with Sultan and an Amazon Fire Phone with GGow). The 1P1 never pairs while the Amazon pairs but never gets beyond the Connecting screen. This is the worse piece of software/hardware i have seen as I have never had any problem pairing any other BT devices, of which I have many. Any help is appreciated.

Pulsecode

Postby Pulsecode » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:51 pm

Android 6.0.1 Sony Xperia Z5, Ticwatch 2 Oak International.
Can't pair the devices at all. I've tried with both the Google Play app and the linked one, I've tried restarting the phone, and I've tried factory resetting the watch. I'm getting absolutely nowhere. The QR won't read, and manual pairing finds nothing.

Any hints?

humannerd

Postby humannerd » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi There,

I need help with my connectivity issue. I have a ticwatch2 which I want to connect to my android phone, Umi Plus.

I have followed all the steps as mentioned, but I seem to encounter this.

After removing my companion app and installing the one as in the link, I can connect my watch, but it only lasts for 5-10mins. Within this time, I tried to update my watch, but it says the latest is 4.2.2_intl, I cant seem to get 4.2.5_intl.

Please help! Without this connectivity, the watch is pretty useless

Serwei

Postby Serwei » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:14 am

Thanks to your weird requirement for referral sales, that I have to create a new ticwatch account using direct email and not Facebook, now everything's stuck on my phone t the syncing screen.[img]
Screenshot_20170401-011214.png
[/img]
Attachments
Screenshot_20170401-011214.png
Screenshot_20170401-011214.png (438.6 KiB) Viewed 549 times

Return to “Stable Version”