Solutions for Android phone pairing issues

dennisding

Re: Solutions for phone pairing issues

Postby dennisding » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:31 am

dougramirez wrote:I have a brand new iPhone 7 with iOS 10 and it simply doesn't work. The watch is a brick and useless. One of the worst user experiences I've had post-2000.

I tried rebooting, factory resets, uninstalling reinstalling app, at least 20 - 30 times. I can't think of any more combos to try.

I am confident in saying that the Ticwatch simply doesn't work at all, or at least does not work at all with an iPhone. Fail.

We believe this is a stand alone case on iPhone 7, as we have many customers already successfully paired with their iPhone 6 and iOS 10 system.
We are sorry about your case. The iPhone 7 with latest iOS 10 was released after we finalize the Ticwatch 2. So this is a new problem we haven't encountered before. Thank you for bringing that up for us. Our engineers are ramping on solving your case right now. We will update you ASAP when we get any information from our tech team.

sevenapps

Postby sevenapps » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:22 am

dougramirez wrote:I have a brand new iPhone 7 with iOS 10 and it simply doesn't work. The watch is a brick and useless. One of the worst user experiences I've had post-2000.

I tried rebooting, factory resets, uninstalling reinstalling app, at least 20 - 30 times. I can't think of any more combos to try.

I am confident in saying that the Ticwatch simply doesn't work at all, or at least does not work at all with an iPhone. Fail.

Well
Last edited by sevenapps on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sevenapps

Re: Can not connect with your phone?

Postby sevenapps » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:53 am

jdubbs17 wrote:What about with iOS? My Ticwatch will not pair with my phone in a functional sense at all. It gets stuck on the "Paired, Now loading system" Green check mark screen. It's not syncing with the phone or operational at all. In fact it almost seems like it's bricked.

Please help. This thing is a complete piece of shit and waste of money. Glad to see they used all of the additional funds to send out extra bands instead of making a better product.

Literally the worst experience I have had on Kickstarter.

The best Kickstarter project ever.
Last edited by sevenapps on Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jdubbs17

Postby jdubbs17 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:51 pm

sevenapps wrote:

I am confident in saying that Mobvoi did a mistake to include iOS users into the release, you have your own smartwatch that is not compatible with anything else then iPhones, please donate this watch to a Android user and buy your own stuff.

I am saying this here and some may not like it but the truth is that implementation of Apple takes resources away from the rest of us, hardware and software resources, engineer developer time etc etc etc. that's a fact.

Android users, enjoy your new watch its a great product and its made specifically for us

Maybe they realized that some Apple users aren't rich AF and would love a comparable product that doesn't cost as much. Just a thought. By the way, I have used both platforms and would choose an iPhone over Android every single day of the week and twice on Sunday. But that's just me (and a lot of others), and this isn't an argument over which is the better platform. This is a conversation about the fact that this company didn't exclude iOS users, in fact they touted the fact that it is compatible with the OS. And they failed miserably.

bassrebel

Postby bassrebel » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:08 pm

TW2 is a pleasant experience with iOS. I never had any problems while with iOS 9. Once I upgraded to iOS 10 with iPhone 7 I started having connectivity issues. However, I have been able to overcome them. My biggest problem (and AFAIK is one that it's currently being worked on) was the fact that you couldn't close the app, otherwise, you would lose connectivity. So, for now, I trained myself to keep the app open at all times. Second, I learned to play with the Bluetooth in order to find its sweet spot. At first, I had to do a factory reset deleting absolutely everything with no backup from the phone. As I was doing that, I also did a reset on my iPhone (holding the circle button & the screen on/off button until it resets). After that, I was able to pair it.

Don't give up, Mobvoi is an excellent company with great support. All early adopters will face this one way or other, but this is worth it :)

Isobel26

Postby Isobel26 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:18 pm

Okay, I have followed these instructions twice now. Both times after resetting the watch to factory setting and clearing the data is where the process failed. I was prompted once again if I'm trying to pair to install the patch temporary software, and our way we went again on the same Groundhog Day ride. I am right now using the temporary software, which of course is not allowing for notifications to go to the phone. There seems to be some sort of breakdown and perhaps the devices? I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

sdetweil

Postby sdetweil » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Unable to pair on One Plus3, android.. 6.0.1, OxygenOS 3.2.7, kernel 3.18.20-perf+, build ONEPLUS_A3000_16_160930

says to download new app version, which it did, I had to enable install from non app store locations,
new app installed, now get pairing failed, timeout.

phone device is visible when bluetooth settings page is open, but that page is not when tic is running...
if I switch over to BT settings, then the device shows up and is 'paired'..

using the app, it is now paired, but only shows 'phone audio', the watch does not think it is paired.
it will not 'connect'..
------

update:;

never mind..

UNINSTALL Google Play store version, seriously uninstall BOTH, then install just the special downloaded version.

somerset

Postby somerset » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:22 pm

For iOS users, currently there might be a problem with iPhone7 & iOS10, since they came out just recently. But I believe this problem will be solved soon. I have tried iPhone6s with both iOS9 and iOS10, both worked fine for me.

For Android users, you need to install the older version companion App first, after connecting to the watch and updating the watch ROM to 4.2.5, then you can use either the older version companion App or the latest one from Google Play. If you don't feel safe about the older version companion App, you can use another spare device to do the updating, after that you can use the watch with the Google Play companion on your main device.

harls

Re: Can not connect with your phone?

Postby harls » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:32 pm

virtualEconnected wrote:also somewhat frustrated. im using an android but after installing the app from google play the watch told me to update it & i downloaded something from google drive but the "install" button was dead which required me to research reasons why & proposed solutions wich had me enable less secure apps in addition to apps from unknown sources (unhappy about making my phone/data more vulnerable just to get a watch from a company that already put one out to work :cry:) but then That told me to download a "companion app" but the provided link was dead using both the play store & chrome :?

now finally found this suggestion but yet again the stinking install button isnt active?! seriously, why cant you just update the dang google play app vs having us downloading all sorts of things from Other places & making our phones less secure? :? & what the heck am i supposed to do now?

one reason felt comfortable backing this was because of the company's previous success creating a smartwatch but i honestly find this level of complication disconcerting & worry about future interaction/support...

You did realise you chose to be an early adopter of a brand new device, right? You are naive in the extreme if you think that a new product will come without bugs and issues. I suggest in future you wait until a technology has settled down a bit before you buy it, as you don't seem like the type of person that is suited to enjoying cutting edge products and the issues that come with them.

steve

Postby steve » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:02 am

Thanks for a great and quick reply and fast and effective fix.

To those on the forum grumpy about the fixes, be a little patient with the crew. They obviously have a ton on their plate getting this out to backers and there are logistics to work through. When you bought the unit, you clearly knew it was a new product.

Anyway, to the gang at Ticwear, love the watch and the help. Thanks!

Return to “Stable Version”