Dagadam watch - A new product running Ticwear?

iSasFTW

Dagadam watch - A new product running Ticwear?

Postby iSasFTW » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:32 am

It seems that a new watch is on Kickstarter, and it's running Ticwear. It's called the dagadam watch.

At first I thought that it was a blatant rip off of the Ticwatch, but it seems like it's an entirely different device, that's running the same OS as the T2.

According to the Kickstarter, it improves on some of the flaws of the Ticwatch: It's water resistant, has NFC, and boasts that it's battery lasts for 3 days.

What do you guys think? In my opinion it looks pretty sleek, but I was really surprised to see a new watch running Ticwear!

MMK

Re: Dagadam watch - A new product running Ticwear?

Postby MMK » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:42 am

Complete copy of Ticwatch 2. Even has the Tickle strip...

iSasFTW

Postby iSasFTW » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:26 pm

MMK wrote:Complete copy of Ticwatch 2. Even has the Tickle strip...

To me it felt like that too at first, but it does have it's differences. It has NFC, is water resistant, and apparently has some custom software​ features. The strap release mechanism seems to be custom, and their version of Tickle is on the edges of the screen, all around it. (Which would most likely make it have less issues with touching the wrist and accidentally scrolling menus)

bitflung

Postby bitflung » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:35 pm

more devices running this OS is necessary to attract more developers to it. this is a very good thing :)

GordonHannan

Postby GordonHannan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:15 pm

Yes, it appears to be running the same software. Maybe this is TicWea'rs new announcement? Maybe the software is being released on more hardware toproperly rival Tizen and Android Wear?

In any case, bitflung is correct, attracting more developers is always a good thing!

JimStilwell

Postby JimStilwell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:51 am

GordonHannan wrote:Maybe this is TicWea'rs new announcement?

I will tell you, that is NOT it. More news when we can provide it guys. :mrgreen:

victimssun

Postby victimssun » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:20 pm

bitflung wrote:more devices running this OS is necessary to attract more developers to it. this is a very good thing :)

You know what's not a good thing? When Ticwear announces a new, cheaper watch, that runs Android Wear... leaving Ticwatch2 behind.

GordonHannan

Postby GordonHannan » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:46 pm

JimStilwell wrote:I will tell you, that is NOT it. More news when we can provide it guys. :mrgreen:

I'm excited to hear what the announcement is, as long as the announcement is not "we're being acquired by and subsequentially shut down by Fitbit!" :lol:

I only recently joined the TicWear camp after finding GDGT deal, but I supported Pebble from the Kickstarter and was really sad to see them go. I'm happy to have found TicWear though. It's encouraging that our comments in this forum seem to be read by or at least passed onto the developers!

iSasFTW

Postby iSasFTW » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:43 am

GordonHannan wrote:
JimStilwell wrote:I will tell you, that is NOT it. More news when we can provide it guys. :mrgreen:

I'm excited to hear what the announcement is, as long as the announcement is not "we're being acquired by and subsequentially shut down by Fitbit!" :lol:

I only recently joined the TicWear camp after finding GDGT deal, but I supported Pebble from the Kickstarter and was really sad to see them go. I'm happy to have found TicWear though. It's encouraging that our comments in this forum seem to be read by or at least passed onto the developers!

I'm guessing the announcement was the new Ticwatch S/E running Android Wear.

iSasFTW

Postby iSasFTW » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:45 am

victimssun wrote:
bitflung wrote:more devices running this OS is necessary to attract more developers to it. this is a very good thing :)

You know what's not a good thing? When Ticwear announces a new, cheaper watch, that runs Android Wear... leaving Ticwatch2 behind.

I agree. Especially when the better AW compatibility mode is completely possible, they did it on the Chinese version.

Return to “Other”