Google Play services

EloyAldao

Re: Google Play services

Postby EloyAldao » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Thinking a bit loud...

I was reading that the Google Play Services is not something tied to Android but to Google. When a manufacturer wants to launch a new device and wants to have the Google Services must ask to Google for a certification. Then Google tests the device and if it is all ok then gives green light to launch the product with the Google Play Services. This have hidden costs to the manufacturer, so much low cost brands avoid to do this.

So, I think Mobvoi didn't tried to get that certification to keep low the final cost and probably they will not do it in the future. The business is planned on their own ecosystem, I think.

This means that getting the GMS on a Ticwatch is out of the law, but I don't know how much.

Something on what to think...
There will never be a full Android Wear compatibility. Only a bare android with some apps sideloaded by the Ticwear Companion App.
One of the major promises on campaign and the cause of why much of us purchased this product is just fake.

Sad...

RiyaMukati

Postby RiyaMukati » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:11 am

I am facing the problem of root access on my PC. I am using the bluestack app to make PC work as android.

EpicLPer

Postby EpicLPer » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:36 pm

EloyAldao wrote:I will show all I did:

I downloaded the next two apks:
com.weberdo.apps.serviceinfo_0.3-3_minAPI9(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk (this is a Google Play Services checker)
com.google.android.gms_10.2.98_(234-146496160)-10298234_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(240dpi)_apkmirror.com.apk (this is the actual Google Play Services apk)

Nice Tutorial and all but I'm only getting this: Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: attempt to change component state from pid=2256, uid=2000, package uid=10042

victimssun

Postby victimssun » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 pm

EloyAldao wrote:I first installed the Google Play Services Checker. It is really fast.
Here are some screenshots showing the icon and the message given by this apk before installing the Google Play Services:

After it, I installed the Google Play Services apk, that takes about five-ten minutes to finish.
This is what it says:

Wait, how do you have Spotify and Skype on there?

Postby 0511103 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:20 am

com.weberdo.apps.serviceinfo_0.3-3_minAPI9(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk (this is a Google Play Services checker)
com.google.android.gms_10.2.98_(234-146496160)-10298234_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(240dpi)_apkmirror.com.apk (this is the actual Google Play Services apk)

I first installed the Google Play Services Checker. It is really fast.
Here are some screenshots showing the icon and the message given by this apk before installing the Google Play Services:

After it, I installed the Google Play Services apk, that takes about five-ten minutes to finish.
This is what it says:

So we need to enable it:

These are the next steps taken from http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/56620/enable-and-disable-system-apps-via-adb:
Open a command prompt on your adb folder and type adb shell
After you need superuser access (I have not as nobody rooted the Ticwatch) so type su
Next type pm enable com.google.android.gms.

Aaaannnddd... Voila:

This is my command prompt. You will need to adjust the ip and the path to the apks:

I will send you notices about what I can do with this, as the Google Play Store icon is not visible.

I tryed to connect via Android Wear app and now shows on watch "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped". This is different from what we all saw trying to connect via Android Wear.

Using OruxMaps I can access Google Maps viewing map, terrain, satellite... and it's a huge step forward!!

I apreciate your feedback and ideas

How can you run su without saying that "not found"?

Samimamane

Postby Samimamane » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:11 am

Amy updates?
The watch is will be perfect with AW phone communication

EloyAldao

Postby EloyAldao » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:39 am

victimssun wrote:Wait, how do you have Spotify and Skype on there?

I have not installed them. They are sideloaded when you activate 1024 on Companion app. But they are not working because the lack of comunication between the watch and the phone.
They are simply icons on the launcher.
Useless.

EloyAldao

Postby EloyAldao » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:44 am

0511103 wrote:How can you run su without saying that "not found"?

I had no problem, but I saw many people without rooted device.
I think I achived to root it using an adb command to change to rooted device (I think that is "adb root", but I'm not sure)
Try this first and try again

EloyAldao

Postby EloyAldao » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:46 am

EpicLPer wrote:

Nice Tutorial and all but I'm only getting this: Error: java.lang.SecurityException: Permission Denial: attempt to change component state from pid=2256, uid=2000, package uid=10042

Maybe you need to have rooted the device.
Try using "adb root" before all that stuff

Return to “Development Q&A”