Google Play services

arnedery

Google Play services

Postby arnedery » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:37 am

Hi,

I know google wear has been a discussion on this forum quite often, but really we don't need the complete android wear
the only thing which we would really need is Google Play Services to work on or watches.

If we get Google play services to work then we will be able run almost any app with the 1024 mode on on the ticwear companion.
Any Ticwatch developer who can comment on this :?:
Last edited by arnedery on Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EloyAldao

Re: Google Play services

Postby EloyAldao » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:23 pm

+100000
Most of AW apps need Google Play Services, and not really the AW comunication protocol (I think)

jerrel1991

Postby jerrel1991 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:55 am

I was wondering the same. Do these apps really need to be on an AW watch or do we just need Google Mobile Services?

EloyAldao

Postby EloyAldao » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:12 pm

I tryed yesterday to install the Google Play Services on Ticwatch 2 using adb.
I installed an apk named "com.google.android.gms_10.2.98_(234-146496160)-10298234_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(240dpi)_apkmirror.com.apk".
It was installed with sucess but nothing happened on the Watch. No icon, no new option, nothing.
I have an AW compatible app on my watch (OruxMaps) that have the option to check GooglePlayServices ant it says that the last version is instaled, but not enabled.
I don't know the next step to take...

bitflung

Postby bitflung » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:17 pm

installed but not enabled... that feels like a bit of progress then :)

arnedery

Postby arnedery » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:29 pm

It's for Mobvoi devs to 'tic' it on in the ROM

jerrel1991

Postby jerrel1991 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:41 am

EloyAldao wrote:I tryed yesterday to install the Google Play Services on Ticwatch 2 using adb.
I installed an apk named "com.google.android.gms_10.2.98_(234-146496160)-10298234_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(240dpi)_apkmirror.com.apk".
It was installed with sucess but nothing happened on the Watch. No icon, no new option, nothing.
I have an AW compatible app on my watch (OruxMaps) that have the option to check GooglePlayServices ant it says that the last version is instaled, but not enabled.
I don't know the next step to take...

Try to sideload an APK installer / file explorer app. Search for the APK file and try to execute the file. I've tried it before and nothing happened. It was a different version of the play services tho..

arnedery

Postby arnedery » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:10 am

Are the devs on this forum? And could we perhaps get a update if this is in the planning?

EloyAldao

Postby EloyAldao » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:03 am

jerrel1991 wrote:Try to sideload an APK installer / file explorer app. Search for the APK file and try to execute the file. I've tried it before and nothing happened. It was a different version of the play services tho..

I have installed "File Boss" file explorer on my Ticwatch but it does nothing more than navigate or delete files. Even it can not open text files or images, so it is useless. I think the most of the file explorers delegates those functions, as the apk installing, on the OS and are not theyself who manages those operations.
I will try your idea, but I think that it will be unsuccess.
I will give you feedback.

EloyAldao

Postby EloyAldao » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:58 am

I will show all I did:

I downloaded the next two apks:
com.weberdo.apps.serviceinfo_0.3-3_minAPI9(nodpi)_apkmirror.com.apk (this is a Google Play Services checker)
com.google.android.gms_10.2.98_(234-146496160)-10298234_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(240dpi)_apkmirror.com.apk (this is the actual Google Play Services apk)

I first installed the Google Play Services Checker. It is really fast.
Here are some screenshots showing the icon and the message given by this apk before installing the Google Play Services:

After it, I installed the Google Play Services apk, that takes about five-ten minutes to finish.
This is what it says:

So we need to enable it:

These are the next steps taken from http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/56620/enable-and-disable-system-apps-via-adb:
Open a command prompt on your adb folder and type adb shell
After you need superuser access (I have not as nobody rooted the Ticwatch) so type su
Next type pm enable com.google.android.gms.

Aaaannnddd... Voila:

This is my command prompt. You will need to adjust the ip and the path to the apks:

I will send you notices about what I can do with this, as the Google Play Store icon is not visible.

I tryed to connect via Android Wear app and now shows on watch "Unfortunately, Google Play services has stopped". This is different from what we all saw trying to connect via Android Wear.

Using OruxMaps I can access Google Maps viewing map, terrain, satellite... and it's a huge step forward!!

I apreciate your feedback and ideas

Return to “Development Q&A”