Developing running/fitness tracker app

bitflung

Re: Developing running/fitness tracker app

Postby bitflung » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:44 pm

cloned and will check out the code over the coming weekend.
thanks for sharing this, it looks like a great start and a meaningful bootstrap to get folks developing on ticwatch

justinleuis

Postby justinleuis » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:16 am

Wow! great to know that you are developing a fitness tracker app, which will be helpful for maintaining our fitness. Waiting for the new app.

Fitness Trainer

MatthewMcD

Postby MatthewMcD » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:27 pm

This is an interesting thread. I hope this reply isn't too off topic, but I think it will help me to decide if I want to go this route with TicWatch.

I have been using a Microsoft Band since it was first released and have burned through three Band 1 and four Band 2s. The "Killer App" for me on that platform was the circuit training app called Guided Workouts. With that app I could:

1. Choose a crossfit style workout or create my own in the designer interface.
  2. I could specify the activity, duration, reps, and sets. (For example, 5 sets of 5 reps Push Press or AMRAP Pullups 5 minutes.)
  3. On my watch, I could start the workout and it would tell me:
    1. Warmup with countdown timer
    2. Show activity and number of reps
    3. When you complete the activity you tap and it shows you the next activity in the plan.
    4. If it's a timed activity haptic notification tells you to move to the next activity
    5. Running activities (distance) engaged the GPS and counted down the remaining distance for you.

After a workout, you could review the amount of time spent in each activity, heart rate, steps, distance, etc. You can share the workout on social media, etc.

Is there anything like this for TicWatch? It was an amazing app. The very best part of the Microsoft Band. If they had not discontinued the device I would still be using it.

Here is a link to the App info: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... d-workouts

Return to “Development Q&A”