ADB tutorial!

iSasFTW

ADB tutorial!

Postby iSasFTW » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:21 pm

Here's how i got ADB over WiFi to work:

1. Open the directory where your ADB installation is. (You have to have the Android SDK installed to get ADB)
My folder was

Code: Select all

C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools

2. Open Command Prompt. CD into the directory above!

cd C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\platform-tools

3. On your watch, go to settings, and enable WiFi.

4. Once connected, go to "About" in the settings, and tap the "Ticwear version" repeatedly until it says that you are a developer.

5. Now go into the new "Developer info" tab in the settings, and enable "ADB test" and "WiFi Testing". It will tell you to "Use channel XXXX" remember that number.

6. On your computer, type into the command prompt:

adb start-server

This should start the server.

8. Then type

adb connect (the local IP address of your watch)

9. Your watch should now ask you to grant ADB access. Once you click the checkmark, you're connected!

10. Now type in

adb install pathtofolder\myapp.apk

(obviously replace it with the path to the folder where your app is, followed by the filename)

You're done! Once the download is complete, it will install, and the app will be visible in your apps on your watch!

Remember! "Sync apps" on the Ticwear Global app WILL erase ADB installed apps!

Enjoy! :)

Here's what i have working so far!
Last edited by iSasFTW on Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Acorn Eyes

Re: ADB tutorial!

Postby Acorn Eyes » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:13 pm

How do you find the IP address of the watch?

I used my laptop's IP and it doesn't work

iSasFTW

Postby iSasFTW » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:36 pm

Acorn Eyes wrote:How do you find the IP address of the watch?

You need to use your watch's IP address. To find it, you need to find your router/modem's default gateway. (Just google for a way to find this. You can just use ipconfig or ifconfig on mac/linux)

Type in the default gateway into your browser, and a login screen should appear (or it'll just let you through instantly). The default username and password are usually something like "admin" and "1234" or maybe your default wifi password. This varies depending on your model of router. You can probably find the default credentials online.

In the router's UI, there should be a page that shows all connected devices. Just find your watch (usually "android-(random numbers)). You can then click on it, and you'll see the IP address of your watch! (where the IP shows also differs from router to router)

Once done, you can just do the tcpip with whatever number you want, since you only want to start it. (It doesn't matter if it says device not found) and then just do "connect (ip)"

Hope this helps!

Just remember this: You don't put the IP in the tcpip command! You use tcpip once with any number you want, and it'll start the service. (Doesn't matter if it says "Device not found". It's not supposed to find anything.) Then, you type in "connect (ip):7272" (or whatever the number is that your watch gives you, but looks like it was 7272 for you :)

printf_$0ftw4r3

Postby printf_$0ftw4r3 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:11 pm

Acorn Eyes wrote:How do you find the IP address of the watch?

Connect you watch to wifi, then to get watch's IP:
-go to settings on the watch -> Network -> Wifi -> Advanced settings : IP address

Acorn Eyes

Postby Acorn Eyes » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:36 pm

Thank you! It works!

iSasFTW

Postby iSasFTW » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:33 pm

Acorn Eyes wrote:Thank you! It works!

Alright! Glad i could help! :)

iSasFTW

Postby iSasFTW » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:00 pm

I updated the topic with the proper command: Up til' now i've been using the tcpip command to start the server, but i found out that there is a specific command (adb start-server), so i've updated the topic to reflect that.

Acorn Eyes

Postby Acorn Eyes » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:52 pm

For some reason only my laptop can connect to the watch. My home computer (I unplugged the etherent and connected to the same network) doesn't for whatever reason. The IP on my computer is 96.xxx.xxx.x.xx or something like that while my watch's is 192.xxx.xxx.x.xx. On the same wifi network. No idea why.

iSasFTW

Postby iSasFTW » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:12 pm

Acorn Eyes wrote:For some reason only my laptop can connect to the watch. My home computer (I unplugged the etherent and connected to the same network) doesn't for whatever reason. The IP on my computer is 96.xxx.xxx.x.xx or something like that while my watch's is 192.xxx.xxx.x.xx. On the same wifi network. No idea why.

Thats weird. I honestly don't know how to help you. All I know is that the Desktops IP that you wrote is a public IP address while your watch's is a local one. If they're on the same network, they should be able to connect.

LGSONE

Postby LGSONE » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:30 pm

Nice Job iSasFTW. I have been working on sideloading apps, several things to work through but it is possible. If they would just come out with AW compatibility.

LGS

Return to “Development Q&A”