Ticwatch 4.12.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Gaby
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 am

Re: Ticwatch 4.12.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Postby Gaby » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:51 am

Almir01 wrote:I have no space for music
Syncing tales a LONG time
Step counter innacurate

If you are on stable version, the best way for more space is to delete unnecessary apps/music/watchfaces.
If you are on beta version, delete logs by settings-developer info-delete log.
(how to get developer mode:settings-about-Ticwear version, click the version number for several times)

Regarding the step counter, can you please provide more details? What are the actual steps and what is the data on the watch? Is there any screenshot?

karolina
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:34 pm

Re: Ticwatch 4.12.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Postby karolina » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:45 pm

The auto pause feature in fitness tracking makes the watch unusable for sports like tennis. I use indoor run mode for tennis (the free style does no calorie counting as far as I remember) and now with the auto pause the tracking stops constantly between the rallies and sometimes even in the middle of a rally, and is extremely distracting with its accompanying vibrations. The HR monitoring also doesn't seem to work properly but I'm not sure if it's due to the auto pause or something else.

The step count does seem a bit high now but I have nothing to compare to.

Almir01
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:11 am

Re: Ticwatch 4.12.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Postby Almir01 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:26 pm

Gaby wrote:
Almir01 wrote:I have no space for music
Syncing tales a LONG time
Step counter innacurate

If you are on stable version, the best way for more space is to delete unnecessary apps/music/watchfaces.
If you are on beta version, delete logs by settings-developer info-delete log.
(how to get developer mode:settings-about-Ticwear version, click the version number for several times)

Regarding the step counter, can you please provide more details? What are the actual steps and what is the data on the watch? Is there any screenshot?
Attachments
Screenshot_20170721-182414.png
I didn't work out today, and I haven't walked anywhere far. Google fit also not registering any of the activities
Screenshot_20170721-182414.png (421.33 KiB) Viewed 662 times

mvlootman
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Re: Ticwatch 4.12.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Postby mvlootman » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:52 pm

Gaby wrote:
mvlootman wrote:Step count was better with the previous beta. Now its too high when not actually moving.
For instance from 0 -> 780 steps in 2 hours, while I haven't left the house or walked much.

I just read another forum message that it was much better (more accurate when walking).

Could it be that the stepcount when walking has improved but that it doesn't filter out the movement when not walking?
For me this was better in the previous beta.


Could you please provide more details? What did you do during these 2 hours? Any movement involved?


Mainly sitting at a desk / typing at a computer, very little walking (just inside the house).
Stepcount also increases while driving a car, so I think it is unable to filter out the watch movement unrelated to walking.
The beta before was a lot better.

Gaby
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 am

Re: Ticwatch 4.12.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Postby Gaby » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:57 am

@mvlootman @Almir01 thanks for your reply! We'll test it on our end.If you have any other issues, please feel free to report them to us, thanks!

victimssun
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Re: Ticwatch 4.12.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Postby victimssun » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:20 pm

Could you review how Strava needs to be authenticated by login? When using Google as your login for Strava, you can't login from WITHIN the Ticwear app. It gives an error that you can't authenticate with a Google account not in a browser. If it could open the authentication out of the Tic app, that would allow it.

Gaby
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:59 am

Re: Ticwatch 4.12.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Postby Gaby » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:58 am

@victimssun
1.Pair ticwatch to your device;
2.Ticwear App->Fitness->Authorize Strava ;
3.Start a exercise which will be synced automatically to your authorized apps.
If not work,please provide the screenshots of error messages.

mvlootman
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Re: Ticwatch 4.12.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Postby mvlootman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:00 am

Gaby wrote:
mvlootman wrote:Step count was better with the previous beta. Now its too high when not actually moving.
For instance from 0 -> 780 steps in 2 hours, while I haven't left the house or walked much.

I just read another forum message that it was much better (more accurate when walking).

Could it be that the stepcount when walking has improved but that it doesn't filter out the movement when not walking?
For me this was better in the previous beta.


Could you please provide more details? What did you do during these 2 hours? Any movement involved?


Mainly working at computer so very little activity but perhaps the wrist movement is mistakenly seen as steps.
Even on a low-activity day the step count regularly goes above 7000 steps which really can't be correct.

victimssun
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Re: Ticwatch 4.12.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Postby victimssun » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:59 pm

Gaby wrote:@victimssun
1.Pair ticwatch to your device;
2.Ticwear App->Fitness->Authorize Strava ;
3.Start a exercise which will be synced automatically to your authorized apps.
If not work,please provide the screenshots of error messages.


You're unable to Authorize Strava if you created your Strava account by linking Google. It has to authenticate why opening a browser, but it stays within Ticwear app, thus Google produces an error.

*Note, I already fixed the issue, by changing my login with Strava to not be Google linked, but just username and password. I'm unable to provide a screenshot of the error.

ElTwigg
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:59 am

Re: Ticwatch 4.12.0_intl_a1 beta version upgrade log

Postby ElTwigg » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:31 am

Will there be another update for Ticwatch 2 past version 4.12?


Return to “Beta Version”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest